Pages

Monday 22 December 2014

Exploring Wororot Market, Chiang Mai


I simply love visiting markets but Ron find that part of me a little weird. Nevertheless he'll always tag along claiming I need a bodyguard (even though that may not necessarily be true). I can sometimes see the tortured look on his face whenever we walked through the stinking section selling fish, salted fish  and other pungent foodstuff. For that I really appreciate the sacrifice he puts in. During this short trip to Chiang Mai, I visited The Sunday Night Market, Anusarn Market and Wororot Market. If I'd spent more days in Chiang Mai I think I would probably cover 'all' the markets in Chiang Mai.
Wororot Market or Kad Luang as it is locally called is the main market in Chiang Mai. I didn't have any particular thing in mind to buy but if I could get roasted lotus seeds to bring home I'd be more than happy. Let's take a virtual walk to see some of the things in Wororot.



I walked a few rounds but could not find the lotus seed snacks that I mentioned.

The flower section marks the edge of Wororot Market. 
The flower section faces the Ping River. There are many more things available and sold here but are not shown in this post.
Ping River, behind Wororot Market. 

Click here to view all other attractions I visited in Chiang Mai:
Part 1: Walking Through The Sunday Night Market ( The Walking Street)
Part 2: 3 Hours Of Fun At Art In Paradise
Part 3: A Traditional Thai Dining Experience At Khum Khantoke
Part 4: Elephant Safari - A Popular Day Tour In Chiang Mai
Part 5: Bai Orchid And Butterfly Farm , Chiang Mai
Part 6: A Chance Visit To Elephant Poopoopaper Park
Part 7: Hungry Go Where In Chiang Mai
Part 8: Dining, Shopping And Ladyboys At Anusarn Market
Part 9: Wat Rongkhun - Just Like A Fairytale
Part 10: A Stopover At Chiang Rai (Pha Soet) Hot Spring
Part 11: A Day Tour To Golden Triangle Of Thailand
Part 12: Visiting The Northernmost Town Of Thailand
Part 13: Visiting An Akha Village In Chiang Rai
Part 15: Maninarakorn Hotel - Review And Photos
Part 16: Where To Stay In Chiang Mai
Part 17: Chiang Mai On A Walking Tour


2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Hi Lily. 'Mai' lotus seeds brand -a popular Thai roasted lotus seeds widely sold around Thailand in a variety of stores that include The Mall, Tops,Golden Place as well as through Amazon.com. Manufacturer homesite may also be of use : http://www.tl-tradewinds.com

Lily... said...

Thanks for the info. I'll surely look out for it if I make another trip there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...