Pages

Wednesday 6 April 2016

Finland Part 7: Cumulus Kemi



There is nothing spectacular about the hotel I stayed in Kemi. It is probably one of those hotels that would get lost in oblivion within the corners of the mind. However it's just like me to want to remember where I lodge during my travel, so this post is specially created to keep its memory alive.
Cumulus Kemi belongs to a chain of Cumulus hotels in Finland. It is located in the quieter part of Kemi town. Though it appeared a little dated, it is actually very well maintained.
The hotel setting is neither sophisticated nor trendy. It is just pleasant. There is a 24 hour reception service, a swimming pool and saunas but I was in a tour group that was constantly on the move so,  never really got to use the facilities provided.
There is a spacious lounge for visitors and a nice playroom for children at the hotel lobby. There is also a souvenir shop, a computer with internet and a hot water dispenser for guests' use.
I stayed in a standard twin room. The big beds were a pleasant surprise and a welcome change after sleeping in rooms with small beds, the first couple of days during my tour around the Laplands. 
 Room facilities include a flat screen TV, a minibar, free WiFi, sufficient storage and closet space and extra pillows.

Water boiling and tea making facilities are not available in standard rooms but there is a hot water dispenser near the reception counter which guests are free use.
The washroom has a separate shower cubicle, a spacious sinktop and a hairdryer. Only towels, shampoo and body wash from dispensers are available.
The room is generally clean,  the heater functioned well, the bed was comfortable and  the WiFi was good. 
My dining experience in the hotel's in-house restaurant was also a pleasant one. Huviretki Restaurant served great tasting food.
I ate a lot of salmon while travelling around the Laplands but the salmon here is unrivaled. The service was slow though.
The breakfast buffet was equally commendable. There is a good array of breakfast treats and I remember having a sumptuous breakfast here.
breakfast cuisines
Breakfast cuisines and what I ate that morning
During the time of my stay which was early March, the streets were all covered with snow. I took a walk around the hotel vicinity but the town apparently lacks robustness.
These are the footprints I made on the street outside the hotel. It would be awesome if they are permanent embedments in Kemi just like the footprints in Hollywood Walk Of Fame. Ah, just my wishful thinking!
I wonder whether it's always this quiet in Kemi. Anyway Kemi is just a small town by the Bothnian Bay.
I did have a comfortable and pleasant stay in Cumulus Kemi and would I recommend this hotel to anyone?  Yes, why not.

The hotel address
Cumulus Kemi,
Hahtisaarenkatu 3,
Kemi 94100,
Finland


Finland Part 4: Aurora Restaurant @ Kakslauttanen Artic Resort
Finland Part 5: Husky Safari @ Kakslauttanen
Finland Part 6: Cruise Of A Lifetime On Sampo Icebreaker, Kemi
Finland Part 7: Cumulus Kemi, My Hotel in Kemi
Finland Part 8: Scenery Of The Artics On A Bus Journey From Kemi To Rovaniemi
Finland Part 9: Ranua Wildlife Park
Finland Part 10: A Visit To Artikum, Rovaniemi
Finland Part 11: Santa Claus Village, Rovaniemi
Finland Part 12: Artic Circle Reindeer Farm @ Konttaniemi
Finland Part 13: Getting To Know Rovaniemi
Finland Part 14: Rantasipi Pohjanhovi Hotel, Rovaniemi
Finland Part 15: Traveling On VR Night Train From Rovaniemi To Helsinki
Finland Part 16: My First Day In Helsinki
Finland Part 17: A Walking Tour Of Helsinki
Finland Part 18: Beautiful Helsinki
Finland Part 19: Brief Review Of The Original Sokos Hotel Presidentti, Helsinki

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...