Pages

Sunday 21 August 2016

Lombok Travel Part 7: Gili Trawangan's Iconic Swings


"I saw a picture of a swing against the backdrop of azure blue sky and deep shimmering sea. This image which I thought was mesmerizing and a bit mythical has etched  a lasting impression on my mind. It would be nice if I could see the swing for myself and awesome if I could actually sit on it".

The swing that I am talking about is in Gili Trawangan. When I finally landed on the island, one of the things I sought out was this magical swing......

It was gleeful to be able to take my own snapshots of what has been engraved in the mind and euphoric to be able to sit on it.
It felt like I am reliving my childhood but in a totally different realm.
There are a total of three swings embedded in the sea. These are owned by Ombak Sunset Hotel on the west coast of Gili Trawangan. You do not have to be guests of Ombak Sunset to sit on the swings as the hotel is generous enough to allow visitors to have a go at them. I thought I was the only one who delight in the swing but how wrong I was as there was a long queue waiting for their turn to swing in the sea. 
The Exile, another resort on the west coast also owns a swing and a hammock which are planted in the sea.
These swings have become iconic or else why is there such a long queue patiently wait for their turn to take some memorable snapshots.


The hammock which is constructed beside the swing is not as popular though.
I initially thought there is only one but there are a total of 8 such swings in Gili Trawangan four of which are planted by Pandawa Beach Villas And Resort.
We had the swing to ourselves at Pandawa.
The tide was low during our visit to Pandawa's swings.
When the tide is high the seat will be immersed.
Lombok Travel Part 11: Gili Meno
Lombok Travel Part 12: The Land Cruise Tour
Lombok Travel Part 13: Kebun Villas And Resort, Senggigi

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...