Pages

Saturday 14 July 2018

Poland: An Early Morning Walk In Bialystok


By 4.30 am it was already bright. As I was still experiencing jet lag, I couldn't get back to sleep so I decided to go out for a very early morning walk.
My hotel is just a stone's throw away from Bialystok's main square which I visited  the evening before. I decided to take a stroll along the same route to revisit the place.


The street was practically empty but there was already some activities at Kosciuszko Market Square. A few vendors were busy setting up stalls for a flea market. It was just a little past 5 in the early morning but the place was already as bright as day.  I underestimated the weather though thinking I should be all right with just a long sleeved blouse and started to shiver ten minutes into the walk. I didn't want to return to the hotel, insteadI increased my walking pace.

There was no flea market the evening before and this was something new I was seeing.

The vendors brought out all sorts of interesting things from cardboard boxes to display on their make-do stalls. Most of the things are collectors' items.

Other than the stall vendors and a few early birds walking around, the square was practically empty and very quiet. 

Podlachia Museum (former City Hall) looked more charming than the evening before with the early morning sun shining on it.

The restaurants were all closed and it felt nice to own the entire space. This part of the day is always the most refreshing and invigorating and all this while I knew how much I have missed as I am generally not a morning person. 









Once again I passed by Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. It is the most prominent landmark near the square. The gothic architecture is super impressive and I must have taken more than a dozen pictures of it the evening before as well as in the morning.

I decided to have a peek inside. To my surprise there were already many people doing their morning devotion. They must have awakened before dawn to be there that early. My alarm clock (on my mobile) which I forgot to turn off suddenly rang and I rushed out feeling guilty to have disturbed the peace.

From the square, I walked passed my hotel along the shopping street.

Took some selfies with the cute statue on the walkway before walking back to my hotel.

I was finally at my hotel. Cristal Hotel has a beautiful restaurant and served very delectable breakfast cuisines.



1 comment :

Anonymous said...

I've seen so much beautiful places because of your travel posts! Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...