Pages

Thursday 22 February 2018

Hokkaido Pt 6: Sapporo Kokusai Ski Resort


Sapporo Kokusai Ski Resort is located on the Jozankei area about 1½ hours' drive from the city of Sapporo. It has an abundant volume of snow and the slopes are said to be very good for skiing. 

I didn't come here to ski neither could I ski but for the first time in my life I wish I could. Looking at the enthusiasm and dexterity of the skiers did evoke an envy and there was this wishful thinking that I could glide down the hill as effortlessly as them.  

The resort is beautiful and offers alpine images similar to my conjured ideals. The charming snow field is further enhanced by the colorful outfits donned by skiers and visitors.

Even if you can't ski, this place is worth a visit. Take the cable car up to the peak and you will be surprised by the grand vista you can see. A return journey costs ¥1450.























The resort not only rents out the whole set of snowboarding and ski equipment including skiwear, it also offers ski lessons for beginners. If my home is nearby, I will be the first to sign up.

Toilets, eateries, resting room are all available for the convenience of visitors. There are a total of four restaurants in the lower section (at level 2) of the resort. All are named after animals: Squirrel, Rabbit, Woodpecker and Cuckoo each specializes in its own set of cuisines. The beef bowl rice at Squirrel is not bad and being here at Kokusai Ski Resort is indeed a memorable experience!

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...