Pages

Wednesday 8 January 2014

Things To Do In Kolkata Part 4: Visit Mother Teresa House


The Missionaries Of Charity, Kolkata or simply known as Mother Teresa's House is a place worthwhile visiting. I count it a privilege to be able to step into this place where a Catholic nun has so selflessly dedicated her entire life serving and loving the poor, the sick and the abandoned.
Mother Teresa's House is located along this small lane off a busy trunk road.
"By blood I'm Albanian. By citizenship, an Indian.By faith I am a Catholic nun. As to my calling, I belong to the world. As to my heart, I belong entirely to the heart of Jesus." - Mother Teresa
The main chaple on the ground floor
Mother Teresa was buried on the ground floor of the Mother House on 13 Sept 1997. Her tomb has become a place of pilgrimage and quiet meditation to people of all creeds.
This is the room where Mother Teresa lived and worked from the 1950s until her death in 1997. She died in this room on Sept 5th 1997.  Visitors are allowed to see the room but photography is prohibited. Photo above is courtesy of  Mother Teresa House official website.

For meaningful Mother Teresa's Quotes, click

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...