Pages

Saturday 19 March 2016

Norway Part 4: Radisson Blu Alna. Oslo

There are a number of Radisson Blu Hotels within Oslo. The one I stayed in is located in the district of Alna approximately 9km from the city centre. As far as location is concerned it fairs averagely as getting to the city centre may incur extra transportation cost. This was not a problem for me though, as I was on a guided tour where the bus would drop and pick me up from the doorstep. Radisson Blu Alna shares the same premise as its sister hotel, Park Inn so the signboard can be a bit confusing for some.
I was rather impressed by the staffs I encountered during my short stay. They were helpful, courteous and friendly and that contributes greatly in the rating of any hotel.
The hotel has a very contemporary setting. The furnishings are not extravagant and neither are they luxurious but the trendy furniture, wall painting and flooring give it a real chic appearance.
There are a couple of lounges where guests can hangout within the lobby area.
Easily visible from the lobby is Birk Bar, a rather small unenclosed bar where one can have light meals, snacks, coffee and cocktails.
For the convenience of hotel guess a drink dispenser machine is placed near the entrance. A variety of soft drinks, water, milk and snacks can be purchased here.

THE ACCOMMODATION
The hotel offers 142 rooms and suites. I stayed in a standard room which is approximately 20 sq metres. The room is cozy with lovely drapes and has as wall decor, cute posters which include that of a can of Campbell tomato soup.
I am happy with the facilities that come with the room considering this is not even a five star hotel. There is a big flat screen TV, a mini bar, a safety box, coffee and tea making facilities, an iron and ironing board. Wifi and sachets of coffee & tea are on the house.
The washroom comes with a long sink top, a separate shower cubicle and toilet.
Other than towels, washroom amenities include, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, body lotion, shower caps and a hair dryer.
The view from my room window
The room and washroom are clean and every gadget functioned well so I am very happy with the accommodation here.

HOTEL DINING
Betula Restaurant which serves Norwegian and international cuisines is the only restaurant in the hotel.  I had a 3 course Norwegian meal for dinner. Though the service was a bit slow, the food was delightful.
A creamy soup as the first course
Salmon and rice as the main dish
 A nice pudding as a dessert.

BREAKFAST CUISINES
One of the things I enjoyed most staying in this hotel is the breakfast cuisines. There was a good array of food which was beautifully presented. Most are delectable.
I especially enjoyed the big variety of beverages, freshly blended fruit juices and assorted tea that were offered.
Some of the things I ate that morning
There are other facilities like the fitness centre which I never got to use. Anyway staying here was a pleasant experience and I wouldn't hesitate to rate it highly. Yes, a "RECCOMMENDED" from me.

Hotel Address:
Radisson Blu Hotel, Alna
Tevlingveien 21, 1081 Oslo,
Norway

RELATED POSTS: Click to view

1 comment :

hotelsulaiha said...

nice blog thanks for sharing this images and content i am really like you blog.
AC reception halls in Melmaruvathur

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...